Copy Editor, The Daily Meal
· Perform intensive editing and fact-checking at high volume, often as sole editor
· Research and write credited pieces both for assignments and self-directed projects
· In 2018 oversaw complete overhaul of house style guide based on AP style but with supplemental resources specific to subject matter and publication medium
· Led initiatives and helped design systems to improve veracity and content quality standards
Tuckasegee Valley Historical Review, vols. XV-XVI, 2009-2010
Western Carolinian [weekly], September 2002-May 2003
FREELANCE COPY EDITOR
The Paradox of Prosperity: The Leiden Bookseller's Guild and the Distribution of Books in Early Modern Europe, by Dr. Laura Cruz. 2009, Oak Knoll Press. 256 pages.
Making Sense of: Dying and Death [e-book], edited by Dr. Laura Cruz. 2004, Inter-Disciplinary Press. 238 pages.
Editor/writer/copy editor - quiet magazine [print/online/multimedia], 2002-2013.
· As editor - "Acrylic blues: Mixing media with Dean Williams" by Carrie Eidson
· As writer - "The Imperative yields to the compulsion" by Jeremy Rose